A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an x-ray test where dye is passed through the uterus and out the Fallopian tubes to check that they are patent (open). It is a standard part of the infertility work up and is covered by provincial healthcare plans.
To get an HSG, you must have a requisition from your doctor. Normally, PCRM doctors will order this test after your consultation (if it is indicated).
To book the test, phone the HSG location on the first day of your menstrual period and the HSG will be scheduled for a week or two later. Your doctor’s medical office assistant (MOA) will give you a list of locations and an outline of the booking procedures. For reference, here is a list of some of the more common locations around our main facilities:
- Laurel Radiology (604-879-7726) – #106-888 W. 8th Ave., Vancouver
- UBC Hospital – Koerner Pavillion (604-822-1799) – 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver
- Royal Columbian Hospital (604-520-4642) – 330 E. Columbia St, New Westminster
- Eagle Ridge Hospital (604-469-3172) – 475 Guildford Way, Port Moody
- Langley Memorial Hospital (604-533-6405) – 22051 Fraser Highway, Langley
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital (604-851-4863) – 32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (250-727-4455 ext 1) – 1952 Bay Street, Victoria
- (Private pay $850) Kinetix Medicine (604-416-0630) – 2225 West Broadway, Vancouver
- Dr. Azer (780-589-3989) – 10101-86 Avenue, Fort Saskatchewan
- Dr. Choupannejad (780-457-4250, F: 780-457-8569) – #2074 – 9499 137 Ave., #2018, Northgate Mall
**Note: This is not an exhaustive list of locations. Please verify if your local hospital offers HSG.